- This event has passed.
RISK SOLUTIONS FOR CONTAMINATED SITES – Rescheduled to Spring 2018
May 31, 2017 @ 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM PDT
AN EXPOSITION OF CASE STUDIES
Update – April 21, 2017 :
GeoEnviroPro is postponing the Risk Solutions Expo (scheduled for May 31 2017) for the following reasons:
- Not advisable to hold this type of workshop so close to a Provincial election, given MOE’s intent to participate
- Risk assessors have indicated that they are interested, but need time to identify and write-up suitable projects
- We understand that workload in our industry is currently heavy – and given Omnibus – we anticipate that continuing through to November 1 2017 when CSR Stage 10 amendments take effect
We are aiming to reschedule the Risk Solutions Expo to May or June 2018. However, in the meantime, we encourage you to submit project profiles now or anytime over the coming year. Some submissions are already in progress. We will post these profiles to our website with the intent of encouraging you to submit profiles for other interesting sites.
In BC we have been using risk-based solutions for contaminated sites for over 25 years – it is time to profile and share our learnings. This Expo will feature case studies where risk assessment and risk management (RA/RM) have been effectively used.
We are calling for submissions for low and moderate risk sites (Protocol 6 reviews) and high risk sites (to secure instruments, under Orders, for due diligence/liability reduction, etc.). Submissions consist of a 2-3 page PDF “site profile” (see existing examples here). All site profiles are welcome to be displayed at the Expo (large version format) and a subset wil be chosen for platform presentation. For submission process, see next tab.
Get the word out about your novel solutions and technical advancements in RA/RM in BC. Whether you are a site owner, project manager, regulator or service provider – there will be content for you, as well as opportunities to mingle.
Registration Fee (refreshments included):
- Professional: $249
- Government/First Nations/EIT/Student: $149
Get 10% discount when you register two or more at the same time!
Tax will be applied at checkout.
Submissions will be selected for platform and poster presentations. All qualified submissions will be posted on MOE and/or CSAP websites to feature risk assessment experience in BC.
SUBMISSION INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS:
- The objective of the Risk Solution Expo is to feature a range of risk assessment and risk-based remediation practice in BC for sites situated on provincial lands.
- Authors must seek approval from site owners/clients prior to submission.
- Organizations/individuals can make more than one submission.
- The submission is a 2-3 page PDF “site profile” (using MOE’s existing format, see examples here)
- The format and content for the 2-3 page PDF “site profile” must be as detailed in the Word TEMPLATE (email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the template).
- The tone of the submission must be technical (not promotional). Use plain language/avoid acronyms to the degree possible.
- The name of organizations (e.g., products, agencies/corporations and consulting firms) should not appear in the main text of the submission. These entities can be acknowledged in the footer of last page.
- All submissions are eligible, at the discretion of the author, to be “blown up” into larger-scale posters for viewing and discussion during breaks.
- All submissions will be reviewed to:(1) confirm the format/tone of the 2-3 page PDF follows the template, (2) make suggestions/comments to the authors, and (3) select submissions for platform presentation (e.g., PowerPoint) at the Expo in a way that balances site types. Authors will be advised if their submission was selected for platform presentation by May 3, 2017.
- After the Expo, all submissions will be provided to MOE and/or CSAP to post, at their discretion and timing, the 2-3 page PDF site profiles on their websites as examples of CSR risk assessment and risk-based remediation practice in BC. They will select the submissions for posting from those that were submitted as outlined here for the Expo. MOE and CSAP may suggest revisions to authors prior to posting.
Make your submission as a PDF file using the template format to: email@example.com .