RISK SOLUTIONS FOR CONTAMINATED SITES – April 26th, 2018
April 26 @ 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM PDT
UPCOMING GEOENVIROPRO EVENT ON RISK ASSESSMENT!!
AN EXPOSITION OF CASE STUDIES OVER 25 YEARS
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS BY APRIL 12, 2018!
In BC we have been using risk-based solutions for contaminated sites for over 25 years – it is time to share our learnings and celebrate our accomplishments. Increasingly, risk assessment is being used to support redevelopment of contaminated lands and liability management. Come find out why!
This Expo will feature case studies where risk assessment and risk management have been effectively used. The case studies will include simple to complex risk assessments for a range of different sites.
We are calling for submissions that showcase a wide range of BC sites where risk assessment has been used successfully to reach closure. Submissions will be selected for platform or poster presentations. A selection of submissions will be posted on Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy and the Contaminated Site Approved Professional Society of BC websites.
Come and learn about how risk assessment of contaminated sites has resulted in meeting regulatory requirements. Whether you are a site owner/manager, project manager, regulator, developer, lawyer, or a contaminated site practitioner – there will be content for you, as well as opportunities to mingle.
This is the 2018 risk assessment workshop you won’t want to miss!
For details on how to make a submission, click on the ‘Submission Process’ tab.
Registration Fee (refreshments included):
- Professional: $249
- Government/First Nations/EIT/Student: $149
Get 10% discount when you register two or more at the same time!
Tax will be applied at checkout.
We are calling for submissions that:
- Showcase a wide range of BC sites where risk assessment has been used successfully to reach closure.
- Feature low, moderate and high risk sites (e.g. for instruments, orders, due diligence/liability reduction, federal sites located in BC, etc.)
- Consist of a 2-3 page PDF “profile” (see existing examples here)
Submissions will be selected for platform or poster presentations. A selection of submissions will be posted on Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy and the Contaminated Site Approved Professional Society of BC websites. All profiles are welcome to be displayed at the Expo (large version format) and a subset will be chosen for platform presentation. Get the word out about your novel solutions and technical advancements in risk assessment in BC!
SUBMISSION INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS:
- The objective of the Risk Solutions Expo is to feature a range of risk assessment and risk-based remediation practice in BC for sites situated in BC.
- Authors must seek approval from site owners/clients prior to submission.
- Organizations/individuals can make more than one submission.
- The submission is a 2-3 page PDF “profile” (using MOE’s existing format, see examples here)
- The format and content for the 2-3 page PDF “profile” must be as detailed in the Word TEMPLATE (email email@example.com for the template).
- The tone of the submission must be technical (not promotional). Use plain language/avoid acronyms to the degree possible.
- The name of organizations (e.g., products, agencies/corporations and consulting firms) should not appear in the main text of the submission. These entities can be acknowledged in the footer of last page.
- All submissions are eligible, at the discretion of the author, to be “blown up” into larger-scale posters for viewing and discussion during breaks.
- All submissions will be reviewed to:(1) confirm the format/tone of the 2-3 page PDF follows the template, (2) make suggestions/comments to the authors, and (3) select submissions for platform presentation (e.g., PowerPoint) at the Expo in a way that balances site types. Authors will be advised if their submission was selected for platform presentation by April 19, 2018.
- After the Expo, all submissions will be provided to ENV and/or CSAP to post, at their discretion and timing, the 2-3 page PDF profiles on their websites as examples of risk assessment and risk-based remediation practice in BC. They will select the submissions for posting from those that were submitted as outlined here for the Expo. ENV and CSAP may suggest revisions to authors prior to posting.
Make your submission as a PDF file using the template format to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline April 12, 2018.